10年6月21日 15:45
上海英文报更多细节 Hotel closed after sex raid nets 102 By Wang Xiang| 2010-6-21| ONLINE EDITION POLICE in southwestern China Chongqing Municipality temporarily shut down the city's Hilton Hotel after arresting 102 suspects inside on prostitution charges. Chongqing police said they detained 22 suspects in the Sunday night raid. Investigation found that one shareholder of the hotel was involved in a crime ring that ran prostitutes and sold drugs in the hotel, China News Service reported today. The shareholder involved was believed to be a Chongqing property developer, though the authority refused to reveal his identity, National Business Daily reported today. During last year's city crackdown on criminal organizations, the Hilton was raided twice by Chongqing police for offering sex services. Police gave the hotel warnings instead of shutting it down immediately because it was a foreign-invested hotel, the report said. But the hotel failed to rectify its practices and Chongqing Public Security authorities ordered to suspend business yesterday. Chongqing police started a clean-up operation in the city's hotels on May 28. Altogether 85 hotels were permanently closed while 79 people have been detained so far, according to Chongqing Evening News. Hilton Chongqing was also fined for allowing customers to use fake names when checking in. Police said they believe some officers acted to protect the hotel, without specifying how many are suspected. The case is still under investigation. Read more: http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/ ... 7.htm#ixzz0rTHi0o8X